Wholesale Reishi Mushrooms
Wholesale Reishi mushrooms (Ganoderma Lucidum) are true powerhouse adaptogens that contain around 400 different bioactive compounds including: polysaccharides (divided into β-1,3-glucans and polysaccharide peptides like peptidoglycan), over 120 triterpenoids (mostly ganoderic acids), nucleotides, peptides (proteins), glycoproteins, sterols (including ergosterol, known as pro-vitamin D2), fatty acids and minerals like copper, zinc, selenium, iron, calcium, manganese, magnesium and germanium.*
The Reishi mushroom, also known as Lingzhi mushrooms in China, is particularly popular in Eastern medicine. It has a variety of potential health benefits, including boosting the immune system* and fighting cancer*.
Immune System Support of Reishi Mushrooms
One of the most important effects of the reishi mushroom is that it can boost your immune system. Research in cancer patients has shown that some of the molecules found in the mushroom can increase the activity of a type of white blood cell called natural killer cells which fight infection and cancer in the body. Another study found that reishi can increase the number of other white blood cells (lymphocytes) in those with colorectal cancer. Although most immune system benefits of reishi mushroom have been seen in those who are ill, some evidence has shown that it can help healthy people, too.
Potential Cancer Fighting Properties
Many people consume this fungus due to its potential cancer-fighting properties. One particular study of over 4,000 breast cancer survivors found that around 59% consumed reishi mushroom. Additionally, several test-tube studies have shown that it can lead to the death of cancer cells.
Easily customized for CBD product applications.
Our Reishi Mushroom extract products do not contain CBD or other hemp-derived cannabinoids, but can be blended with 20% concentration CBD water soluble powder or 10% concentration Full Spectrum water soluble powder as a custom order. Contact your Account Manager for a custom order quote.
More Amazingly Medicinal Botanical Adaptogens...Amanita Mushrooms Chaga Mushrooms Cordyceps Mushrooms Lion's Mane Mushrooms Turkey Tail Mushrooms Medicinal Mushroom Complex
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. As with all dietary supplements, talk to your doctor before adding to your diet if you are pregnant, nursing or have a medical condition for which you are taking any prescription medications.
Frequently Asked Questions About Wholesale Reishi Mushrooms
Is Reishi mushroom extract the same as Reishi mushroom powder?
Not really. A mushroom extract powder contains potent phytonutrients derived from a careful CO2 extraction process and then freeze dried to lock in the goodness. This freeze dried material is then ground and sifted to a nutriceutical grade product for formulation of premium products. Most often products labeled "mushroom powder" are the material that is left over after the extraction process. These may still contain some natural nutrients and they are typically less expensive than mushroom extract powders, but significantly less potent in high value compounds. Buyer beware.
Do Reishi mushrooms have side effects?
Some users may experience dizziness, dry mouth, itching, nausea, stomach upset, and rash. Our Bulk Reishi mushrooms can interact with medications for diabetes, high blood pressure, and blood clotting. Talk to your doctor before use if you are pregnant, nursing or have a medical condition for which you are taking any prescription medications.
How much reishi should I take for maximum benefits?
This would depend on your objective for adding reishi to your diet. Personal physiological factors and severity of condition can vary widely. Consulting your healthcare provider is most recommended.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Talk to your doctor before use if you are pregnant, nursing, or have a medical condition for which you are taking prescription medications.
Clinical Research References
Reishi mushrooms my support immune system health*
- Probing Lingzhi or Reishi medicinal mushroom Ganoderma lucidum (higher Basidiomycetes): a bitter mushroom with amazing health benefits | Int J Med Mushrooms 2013;15(2):127-43
- Cellular and molecular mechanisms of immuno-modulation by Ganoderma lucidum | J Pharmacol Sci 2005 Oct;99(2):144-53
- The effects of two different ganoderma species (Lingzhi) on gene expression in human monocytic THP-1 cells | Nutr Cancer 2010;62(5):648-58
- Effects of ganopoly (a Ganoderma lucidum polysaccharide extract) on the immune functions in advanced-stage cancer patients | Immunol Invest 2003 Aug;32(3):201-15
- Natural killer cells: In health and disease | Hematol Oncol Stem Cell Ther 2015 Jun;8(2):47-55
- Effect of Ganoderma lucidum capsules on T lymphocyte subsets in football players on "living high-training low" | Br J Sports Med 2008 Oct;42(10):819-22
- Ganoderma lucidum ("Lingzhi"), a Chinese medicinal mushroom: biomarker responses in a controlled human supplementation study | Br J Nutr 2004 Feb;91(2):263-9
Reishi mushrooms may fight and help prevent cancer*
- Cancer Prevention and Treatment by Ganoderma, a Mushroom with Medicinal Properties | Food Reviews International Volume 19, 2003 - Issue 3
- Ganoderma lucidum (Reishi) in cancer treatment | Integr Cancer Ther 2003 Dec;2(4):358-64
- Ginseng and Ganoderma lucidum use after breast cancer diagnosis and quality of life: a report from the Shanghai Breast Cancer Survival Study | PLoS One 2012;7(6):e39343
- Evaluation of antiproliferative activities and action mechanisms of extracts from two species of Ganoderma on tumor cell lines | J Agric Food Chem 2009 Apr 22;57(8):3087-93
- Triterpenes from the spores of Ganoderma lucidum and their cytotoxicity against meth-A and LLC tumor cells | Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 2000 Jul;48(7):1026-33
- Effect of mycelial culture broth of Ganoderma lucidum on the growth characteristics of human cell lines | J Biosci Bioeng 2001;92(6):550-5
- Quantitative determination of the representative triterpenoids in the extracts of Ganoderma lucidum with different growth stages using high-performance liquid chromatography for evaluation of their 5α-reductase inhibitory properties | Food Chemistry Volume 133, Issue 3, 1 August 2012, Pages 1034-1038
- Ganoderma lucidum is an inhibitor of testosterone-induced prostatic hyperplasia in rats | Andrologia 2012 May;44 Suppl 1:160-74
- Regression of prostate cancer following administration of Genistein Combined Polysaccharide (GCP), a nutritional supplement: a case report | J Altern Complement Med 2002 Aug;8(4):493-7
- Effects of a genistein-rich extract on PSA levels in men with a history of prostate cancer | Urology 2004 Feb;63(2):259-63
- A water-soluble extract from culture medium of Ganoderma lucidum mycelia suppresses the development of colorectal adenomas | Hiroshima J Med Sci 2010 Mar;59(1):1-6
- Ganoderma lucidum (Reishi mushroom) for cancer treatment | Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2016 Apr 5;4(4):CD007731
- A Summary of a Cochrane Review: Ganoderma lucidum (Reishi mushroom) for the treatment of cancer | Eur J Integr Med 2016 Oct;8(5):619-620