Grapefruit Essential Oil
Botanical Source: Citrus paradisi
Ingredient Addition Cost: $0.60 - $0.28 per unit
Fresh, light, sweet yet sour, peel-like, mildly pithy aroma; Organic Grapefruit peel essential oil has good body and complexity in the dry-down. Grapefruit oils, like all citrus peel oils, have a predominance of limonene, the bright, lemony monoterpene that provides an absolutely delightful aroma when diffused to refresh and disinfect room environments. Limonene is currently under extensive research for its role in breast health and abnormal cell growth.
Grapefruit essential oil comes from glands in the grapefruit peel and is extracted by the process of cold pressing. Grapefruit oil is commonly used as a top or middle note in perfumery and blends well with other citrus and spice oils, as well as basil, peppermint, cedarwood, lavender, ylang-ylang, rosemary, cypress, frankincense, and geranium oils.
Used in natural cosmetic products, Grapefruit Essential Oil is reputed to help maintain smooth looking skin, to help reduce the appearance of cellulite, and to help balance oily skin and hair.
Used in aromatherapy, Grapefruit Essential Oil benefits include enhancing a sense of energy, helping to manage stressful and anxious feelings, and helping to manage feelings of discomfort experienced from stiffness and aches.
- Main Menu
- Acai Berry Extract
- Green Tea Extract
- Pomegranate Extract
- Organic Bergamot Essential Oil
- Organic Blue Tansy Essential Oil
- Organic Coffee Extract
- Organic Clary Sage Essential Oil
- Organic Geranium Essential Oil
- Organic Grapefruit Essential Oil
- Organic Jojoba Oil
- Organic Lavender Essential Oil
- Organic Lemon Essential Oil
- Organic Lemongrass Essential Oil
- Organic Myrrh Essential Oil
- Neroli Essential Oil
- Organic Oregano Essential Oil
- Organic Peppermint Essential Oil
- Organic Rose Essential Oil
- Organic Rosemary Essential Oil
- Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Yarrow Essential Oil
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil